Welcome. Bienvenidos. Willkommen. Salvete. 欢迎. Bienvenue. ようこそ. Salve. Добро пожаловать!
Aurora Christian Schools Welcomes International Students!
At Aurora Christian Schools, we actively seek and celebrate diversity. We embrace students from all countries and cultures because the body of Christ includes individuals “from every tribe and language and people and nation” (Revelation 7:9).
The goal of the International Student Program is to enhance the educational experience of all students by broadening and developing an understanding of culture and diversity; encouraging an appreciation for all of God’s creation; and providing opportunities for all students to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing world.
Aurora Christian Schools is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. We are SEVIS approved school and licensed by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program to issue I-20 Forms, which allows international students to obtain an F1 student Visa. International students in grades 1 through 12 may apply to study at Aurora Christian Schools. We have accepted students from a variety of countries, including Brazil, China, Czech Republic, France, and Korea.
Please contact Mrs. Sarah Woolridge for more information about our International Student Program and any items on this page. Her direct line is: 630-264-3871.
THE ACS “EDGE” FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
• College Preparatory Classes: 100% college acceptance rate
• Academic Rigor: AP, Dual Credit, Honors and More
• High levels of proficiency on ACT and AP Exams
• College and Career Guidance
• Weekly International Lunches
• Monthly Activities, Excursions and Events
• Regional College Visits
• Annual Spring Break Trip (international or domestic destinations)
• Academic Support, ELL Support, Guided Study Hall
• Host Families Available
• Mission Impossible” Trip and Opportunities to Serve Others
• Easy Access to Chicago and Nearby Cities
• Within 40 minutes of Chicago O’Hare International Airport
We are pleased that you are considering Aurora Christian Schools for your education. We understand the importance of this decision and will do all we can to facilitate the admissions process to get you started on a path that emphasizes educational excellence, relationships and service. We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions, show you what our school has to offer, and guide you through the application process.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete an online application and submit all required documents via email to the Coordinator.
- Applicant can also mail documents to the Admissions Office: 2255 Sullivan Road, Aurora IL 60506
- We will contact you to schedule a Skype Interview. This interview will help us get to know you as well as assess your English level (along with your TOEFL scores).
- An admission decision will be made based upon your academic credentials, letter of reference, TOEFL scores and Skype interview
- Aurora Christian Schools will email you an Initial Acceptance Letter with payment instructions
- Applicants who are offered admission must submit a $3,000 deposit to our Finance Office. This payment will save your spot for our incoming class. Payments can be submitted in person, or as a wire.
- Aurora Christian Schools will issue I-20 and Final Acceptance letter three days within receipt of $3,000 deposit. These documents will be sent via FedEx to the applicant’s address in home country
- Applicant must schedule an appointment to obtain an F-1 Visa in home country.
- Applicant must notify Aurora Christian Schools as soon as a Visa is obtained
- Aurora Christian Schools will email tuition contract and enrollment documents to the applicant.
- Applicant must complete these documents and email copies to the Finance Office 30 days prior to the first day of school
- Tuition balance must be fully paid by August 1st
- New students must arrive in Aurora 3-5 days before the first day of school
- Congratulations, you made it! Welcome to Aurora Christian Schools!
We are committed to providing good homes for our international students and matching them with families who will offer the best possible environment for them while they are studying at Aurora Christian Schools.
There are many reasons why families open their homes to international students. Some feel called by God to use their homes as a ministry and provide care for students who are far away from their own family. Others view it as an opportunity to bring the world into their homes and learn about a different culture while sharing their own.
Aurora Christian Schools, the student’s parents, and the host family create a team that serve together to direct the student’s education and provide Christian care. To help meet these goals, host families would:• Provide loving care, parental discernment, and consistent communication
• Provide a safe, loving, Christian environment where a student can live and study
• Provide a room and bed, internet service, meals and transportation to school, events and the airport
• Encourage him or her to participate in family activities and regular church attendance
• Communicate with the student and their sending family.
- Most of our international students are from China and are coming into 9th and 10th grade.
- Our students come with the intention of graduating from Aurora Christian Schools.
- Your commitment to host would be for one school year and you can choose to continue or not.
- You can request a preference for a male or female student.
- You will receive a monthly stipend of $800 for 10 months to cover additional costs.
- All personal items are to be purchased by the student and if you plan to take a vacation the sending family will be requested to cover the student’s costs.
- You do not need to have a high school student of your own in order to host. If you do have a teenager at home we will place an international student of the same gender in your home.
- We provide ongoing support services for host families including providing temporary hosts for a weekend or break if necessary.
Interested families may:
- Complete the ACS Host Family Application (contact Ms. Sarah Woolridge for an application). You will be asked to provide a reference on your application. A criminal background check will be done on all adults members (over 18 years old) of your household.
- We will arrange an in-home interview and information session. All family members must be present.
- We ask that you please pray for God’s direction for you and the student.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
If you feel the call to become a host family to an international student, or would like to learn more, please contact Ms. Sarah Woolridge.