2020-2021 Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
ACS is committed to working with you to make Christian education affordable, and partners with FACTS to help manage tuition assistance. If you are in need of financial assistance for the 2020-2021 school year, please follow the procedures below.
Application Process opens December 1, 2019
Deadlines to be considered for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Returning Families - February 18, 2020
- New Families - no deadline, apply early for best results!
- All families who would like to be considered for tuition assistance MUST complete a tuition assistance application each school year to be considered. Tuition assistance awards are good for one school year only.
- TAP is available to Full Day K-12th grade students.
- Tuition Assistance is applied to TUITION ONLY.
(not applicable to Facilities/IT Infrastructure/Security fees)
- Tuition Assistance award amounts may be adjusted to reflect Invest in Kids donations.
- All families who receive TAP must sign a WORK STUDY agreement which requires them to volunteer 60 hours per school year (a minimum of 30 hours must be completed within the first semester of the school year).
What is Work Study?
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us... Romans 12:6
Aurora Christian Schools implements a Work Study program for families receiving awards from our Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). This program allows ACS to offset operational costs while continuing to meet the growing demand for tuition assistance of those in need. All TAP recipients will be asked to "give back" by committing time and talents in various areas throughout the school. Our desire is to meet the family financial need and create a community environment of working together ot accomplish the ministry of ACS. TAP recipients are responsible for serving 30 hours per semester.
Tuition Assistance Process:
- Apply for assistance at FACTS online. If you have not completed your 2019 Federal tax return, your 2019 W2 and 2018 Federal Tax Return are required. A $35 FACTS Grant & Aid (TAP) application fee applies.
* FACTS takes up to 2 weeks to verify your application and documents.
* 2018/2019 Tuition Payments for returning families must be current according to payment plan and previous TAP commitments are fulfilled in order to be considered
- Receive notification of award decision after ACS Tuition Assistance Committee consideration (decision times vary). You will receive an email from FACTS with notification of your award determination. If awarded, you have 10 calendar days to accept your award (online via FACTS or written notification to the Finance Office). If you do not accept the award during this time period, it will be considered forfeited.
- ACS applies your award:
Returning Families: Once you have accepted your award, we will apply it to your FACTS payment plan account.
New Families: Pending school acceptance, you will receive instructions for online enrollment along with a Work Study agreement. At the time of enrollment you will select your tuition payment plan and submit the signed Work Study agreement. The Finance Office will apply your award to your tuition balance before finalizing your payment plan.
Help is Available from FACTS Grant & Aid:
- Call Customer Care at 866.441.4637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Please contact Sarah Woodward in the Finance Office with questions at 630.264.3868 or email email@example.com
Aurora Christian School admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to ACS students. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of our educational policies, admissions procedures, tuition assistance awards, athletic and other school administered programs. We do, however, reserve the right to deny admission to any individual who cannot benefit from enrollment based on past academic achievement, disqualifying disability, or whose personal life-style is not in harmony with the stated philosophy and purpose of Aurora Christian School.