Welcome. Bienvenidos. Willkommen. Salvete. 欢迎. Bienvenue.
ACS WELCOMES INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS!
At Aurora Christian Schools, we actively seek and celebrate diversity. We embrace students from all countries because the body of Christ includes individuals “from every tribe and language and people and nation” (Revelation 7:9).
The goal of the International Student Program is to enhance the educational experience of all students by developing and strengthening an understanding of culture and diversity; encouraging an appreciation for all of God’s creation; and offering opportunities for all students to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing world.
Aurora Christian Schools is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. We are SEVIS approved school and licensed by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program to issue I-20 Forms, which allows international students to obtain an F1 student Visa. International students in grades 1 through 12 may apply to study at Aurora Christian Schools. We have accepted students from a variety of countries, including Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Ethiopia, France, Korea and Mexico.
International Admissions Process
1. Submit an application
• Application/Character Reference Form
• Recent photo of applicant
• Grade Reports/Unofficial Transcripts
• TOEFL Test results
• $125/student non-refundable application fee (checks payable to Aurora Christian Schools)
2. Skype Interview
Once all of your application materials have been reviewed you will be scheduled for a Skype interview. The purpose of this interview is to familiarize you with the philosophy and goals of the school and for the school to become acquainted with you. Following the interview, Aurora Christian Schools will evaluate your eligibility and notify you of the results. Admitted students will receive an official letter of acceptance.
3. I-20 FORM (required for student visa applications)
After receiving your letter of acceptance, submit the following items to the Admissions Office:
• Photocopy of the student's passport
• Parents must provide a bank statement verifying proof of payment for the entire school year
• Aurora Christian Schools will issue you an I-20 form once these materials are processed.
4. PARENTS MUST SIGN AND SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING FORMS:
HOST FAMILY APPLICATION PROCESS
International Students are hosted by families who desire to share the love of God with a high school student. Most often these families have a student at ACS, and they become like one of the family. Host families receive $8,000 ($800/mo. August – May) per international student to offset expenses. If you are interested in hosting a student from another country for one school year please contact the Program Coordinator. Her information is below.
1. Please contact the International Student Program Coordinator to express your interest in hosting a student.
2. Complete the ACS Host Family Application. You will be asked to provide a reference on your application. A criminal background check will be done on all adults members (over 18 years old) of your household.
3. We will arrange an in-home interview and information session. All family members must be present.
4. We ask that you please pray for God’s direction for you and the student.
International Student and Host Family Coordinator is: Raquel Lightbourne-Coley.